STORAGE & CARE FOR YOUR FRESH ALMOND MILK
- just like dairy milk or fresh pressed juices, fresh almond milk NEEDS TO BE KEPT REFRIGERATED opened AND/OR unopened. if it’s been out of the fridge for more than 2 hours or sitting in the hot sun for 30min THROW IT OUT!
- shelf life is 5 days from production.
- fresh almond milk splits (separates) after sitting for a while. this is normal. just give it a good shake before using.
- our Vanilla Bean flavor contains FRESH vanilla bean. you’ll see the black specs in your milk…thats the good stuff!
- our milks are 100% fresh, raw and unpasteurized this is why they have such a short shelf life . Zero additives, zero preservatives. Keep it cool!!!
Crazy about Your Heart? Go Nuts!
A high-fat food that’s good for your health? That’s not an oxymoron, its almonds. Almonds are high in monounsaturated fats, the same type of health-promoting fats as are found in olive oil, which have been associated with reduced risk of heart disease.
So…pack in that protein, strengthen up your heart, and shed some pounds the easy way…Almonds! Not only do these nutrient-rich nuts provide a wonderful substitute for our lactose intolerant friends, but also come jam-packed with vitamin E, manganese, and magnesium. All of which are necessary for a happy and healthy heart! Did we mention anti-oxidants?
Random facts gathered by our team of NUT experts:
-Almonds are one of the best sources of the antioxidant vitamin E. One ounce of almonds gives you more than a third of the Daily Value.
-Ancient Romans showered newlyweds with almonds as a fertility charm.
-Almonds flour is a delicious and versatile option for gluten-free baking.
-Almonds are rich in essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc and iron.
-Almonds have the most protein and fiber of any tree nut which makes them especially satisfying.
SOME ALMONDS ARE GREEN!
I bet you didn’t know there are actually green almonds that look much like grapes. If you already knew this, I guess you’re a step ahead of me here! Green almonds are known as a delicacy and thought to be one of the finest foods to eat by other cultures. Green almonds are also said to have a slightly sweet and herb-like taste used in various dishes in other countries.